Pet Owner/ Handler volunteer criteria:
1. At least 18 years of age
2. Able to make regular PALS for Seniors visits
3. Successful completion of the PALS for Seniors online course
Dog volunteer criteria:
1. Dog must be at least one year of age and have completed vaccinations.
2. Must have owned or worked with handler one month before beginning the online training course
3. Satisfactorily complete annual medical evaluation
4. Successfully complete the PALS for Seniors Behavior Test
Cost of completing the PALS for Seniors program:
1. Cost of online course
2. Criminal Background Check (link will be sent via email after pre-registration process)
3. Behavioral Evaluation fee
4. Liability Insurance (information for enrollment will be sent via email)
5. Annual membership fee
Being Part of our PALS Community: We welcome you to our community! As a community member, When you join our community, you will not only receive our excellent training, but after you graduate, will be able to continue interacting with us and with other graduates. From time to time we will make special offers available to you to purchase products in our gift shop, and to attend conferences related to animal visitation. We will regularly post on our website valuable information about the latest research on animal visitation, events related to pets, and new books and products.
Course Description: Our program consists of a series of 7 Modules of content. Each module is focused on important topics helping you to be prepared to do animal visitation work. You will have readings, “lectures,” and audio-visual materials to review. There will be a short quiz at the end of each Module. At the end of each module there will be a 10 point quiz. You will have to complete and pass each quiz with an 80% or greater to proceed on to the next module. The system will allow you to take the quiz twice back to back, then you must allow two days before you attempt to take the quiz again. You complete the course according to your own time schedule at your convenience online in no longer than a three month period
You will also have the opportunity to interact with fellow students and with graduates of our program to share ideas, ask questions, and feel connected with others who share your interest in animal visitation. This interaction happens through the online Discussion Board.
Questions or comments concerning this site should be directed to the firstname.lastname@example.org.